Monday, August 17, 2009

Char-town: great way to wrap up my summer!

I got to spend about 4 days in Charlotte this week, and it was such a great way to end my summer. I went out there to visit some of my friends from Summer Staff, one in particular, but the others that live there were an added bonus to the trip for sure! It was just such a breath of fresh air to get to see my friend Sarah for a few days. She is a special one. Our friendship has been such a blessing to me this summer. She is such an example of how God has brought so many neat people into my life through Young Life over the years. I have to say, she is one of my favorites so far! I can't wait to see her again in October!


Sarah passed on the "yellow indian sack" to me when I left, which was VERY exciting. The indian sack is a little something that we stole from camp, and Sarah, Beth (my other fave friend from the gap), and I have been passing it around with a scrapbook all summer that has pictures of us doing funny things with the sack. It made me laugh pretty hard when I got to the airport, and definitely kept me from being able to stay sad after saying goodbye to Sarah! I have to think of something really good to do with it this time.


This week is going to be pretty crazy. I have lots to do before I go back to Jonesboro. Hopefully I'll be able to get some quality time with the little sister before I leave. I'm definitely praying that that happens. Life is crazy right now... lots of transitions. I'm excited though. Feeling very refreshed after spending some time in NC, and ready to get back to J-town!



We decided it might be fun to mattress surf one night... there were only a few minor injuries! Haha this is one of the many reasons I love this girl--there is never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment