Thursday, December 17, 2009

no place like home for the holidays :)

I've been home a full 24 hours now, and it feels great to be here. There are so many things that I think I take for granted when I haven't been home in a while. It's so good to wake up and have coffee already made, lay around in my PJs as long as I want to, open a fully stocked refrigerator and pantry and snack all day long... gosh, what a life of luxury! Haha.

It's fun to hang out with my sisters. We have so much fun together... it really kind of sucks that we only get to all three be together a few times a year. It makes for some very special time together though! I envy people who get to be with their siblings all the time.

I spent some time with my best friend since about age 5, Ashlee, today. We're going shopping together tomorrow. She is pretty fabulous. She's that one friend that you can always count on. We've just been through life together, from the beginning until now. She's so solid in her faith, and comforting to be around. When life gets hard to handle and I feel like things are out of control, Ash always puts things into perspective for me. What a blessing that girl is. I love that I have memories of us as little bitty kids all the way until now... you don't get many of those kinds of friends in a lifetime. Time spent with her makes me realize how truly blessed I am by the relationships that I have with the people that I love the most.

Christmas break is off to a good start. I love being with my family and other loved ones. I'm enjoying the fam and Houston friends, and looking forward to some sweet time with my sweet boy over New Years in Nashville, along with some more of my very favorite people!

I hope your break is wonderful, too.
Blessings, friends! Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment