Saturday, January 1, 2011

S'mores, wine and worship.

I had a low-key New Year's Eve, but it was actually one of the best I've ever had. I've heard people say that the way you spend your New Year's Eve sets the tone for what the rest of your year will be like... if that's true, I'm really excited about 2011.

Tonight I sat around a fire with one of my best friends that I've known since I was about 4 years old, and three other people that I didn't know before tonight. We made s'mores, had a glass or two of wine, played guitars and sang some worship songs, watched fireworks in the distance and had great conversation. We talked about all that God's done in our lives this year and about the things we're looking forward to in 2011. It was cool, because going into the night I had never met three of the four people I was with, and by the end we knew each others stories and were all hugging each other goodbye. A couple of us even planned a road trip for this summer.

I hope this year is like tonight was. Full of intentional relationships with people and fruitful conversation. Full of s'mores, wine and worship... all of which, I'm convinced, are good for the soul. And full of adventure!

Happy New Year, friends. I hope however you rang in 2011 was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment