Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray..."


Well, it's day 4 of spring break, I've been in Nashville since Friday night. It's been fun, but a little bit weird... for the first time ever, Nashville really doesn't feel like home anymore. I think because last semester it was the first time I'd been back, so it still felt a little bit "homey." But this time it feels different. Like, there are certain people here that are like family to me, and I feel at home with them, but I really don't feel like I have a home here... which was to be expected, since I don't have a home here. This was bound to happen eventually, it's just weird and a little bit bittersweet. I'm really excited to go to Knoxville tomorrow and see my sister. It will be good to see real family... I haven't seen her since January. We're gonna have lots of fun!

The good thing is that for the first time I think I actually miss Jonesboro. Not that I don't love visiting Tennessee, it just gets a little bit old living out of my car. I've decided the ranger is my "home on wheels"... I feel like I need to write a funny song about it. I think it's good that I miss Jonesboro, because I think that might be a sign that I'm actually starting to love it there. And it also might be good that I'm not feeling at home here, because it's making me miss my family, and my "real" home, I suppose... which will make my summer a little bit easier. So, although it's a little bit sad that I'm slowly becoming detached from Nashville, I'm glad that I've found reasons to miss Jonesboro, and I'm glad that I might actually be content with Texas being "home" now. Maybe I have 3 homes now... and the ranger really is my home on wheels. I can be a wanderer... why stay in one place? I've got "family" everywhere!

1 comment: