Friday, October 9, 2009

Homesickness: cured.

I had the hardest time bouncing back this week after being in Knoxville with my sister last weekend. I was really feeling homesick, especially Monday and Tuesday. Plus I was exhausted from a lack of sleep, so I was just not very pleasant to be around.

Last night I went to Little Rock for a Young Life banquet, and it could not have come at a better time. My good friends from Nashville, Drew and Ellie Holcomb, played music at it, and it was so good to see them. There is something about the family that Young Life creates that can make anywhere feel like home. It was so good to sit and catch up on life with Ellie. She is one of those people that is just so encouraging to be around, and every time I see her I leave feeling so loved--each time my life is enriched a little bit more. Plus she just cracks me up--we laughed a lot last night! It was also great to see the Greens--YL staff people in Little Rock. I like to refer to them as my "Arkansas parents." They're pretty great. They love me well! I'm blessed to have them so close by, since my real family is so far.

This morning I'm tired from driving back early to make it to class, and this rain is making me sleepy, but I've been spending time with Jesus just thanking him... for the people he has placed in my life who are such a pure example of his love for me.


6 days until Steph comes to Jonesboro. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment