Monday, October 5, 2009

Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me!


I can not even begin to express how great my weekend was. It was well worth the seven hour drive to see all of my favorite people! Thursday I crammed lots of visits into a very short day in Nashville. I saw Meredith and Liz at Vandy, went to see Rachel at her house, went to a Brentwood girls soccer game with Adrienne, hung out with Annie and spent the night at her house, and had breakfast with Eve on Friday before going to Knoxville! I love breakfast with Eve... there is never a time that I spend time with her and don't come away with little "nuggets of wisdom."

Knoxville was out of control. SO MUCH fun! I got there Friday and went to lunch with my sister. Then we hung out at her house for the afternoon, Leland came over, and he and I walked down to our friends Kayla and Caitlin's apartment. Then he took me on a date to Wasabi--it was delicious. After dinner we went back to Steph's and waited for the arrival of Beth Overcarsh! When she finally got to Knoxville, we went to pick her up, where the two of us shared a very special embrace after not seeing each other since camp! So fun! We went back to Kayla and Caitlin's for a while, then back to Steph's. Saturday we slept in, got up and hung out at Steph's house until Sarah Womack arrived--alas, the threesome was finally reunited! Leland came over and grilled some burgers, then we headed down to Neyland Stadium around 5. The game was a lot of fun even though the Vols lost. Sarah and I had front row endzone seats (thank you, Gerald Jones!). Highlights:
1. Erin Andrews, my idol, walked right in front of us like 5 times. Don't worry--I creeped a picture.
2. We got on ESPN! My phone blew up after the first Tennessee TD from everyone who saw me on TV!
3. Smokey peed on the field, which was quite entertaining.

Saturday night was pretty fun. Steph's house ("the Spot") got pretty crazy after the game. I think half of the football team was there. It was a good time. We were up a little too late--and I had to drive 7 hours today to get back to Jonesboro, but it was totally worth it! I'm a little sad tonight after being with all of my favorite people. Definitely suffering from post-Knoxville depression. But it was so great to spend time with Stephie and Leland, and so much fun to see Beth and Sarah! Love them.

I put about 1,000 miles on the Ranger this weekend. She's tired. Resting up until we head down to Little Rock on Thursday.

Some photos from the epic adventure...


Me and Steph at her house after the game!
Erin Andrews walking right by me... I was so star-struck!
The ever so lovely Sarah Womack and me, in our seats before the game started!

(Beth has a picture of the three of us--waiting for it to surface on facebook so I can add it here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment