Thursday, April 9, 2009

He always shows up at the right time!

God has been loving on me this morning...

Last night I was kind of sad because my sister was supposed to come visit me today and she can't come anymore. So I went to bed pretty bummed, kind of expecting to wake up feeling the same way.

I woke up to a text message from one of my favorite people in the whole world, an old YL leader, friend, and "sister" from Nashville, just saying that she misses me and was praying for my day. Then I sat down to do my daily devotional, and this was what I read: 

"Each moment you can choose to practice My Presence or the presence of problems."

And that was all the encouragement I needed. I feel like God just woke me up this morning and said, "I'm here. That's all you need." I don't know how anyone gets through their hard days without that, because His love and presence is the only thing that I know is always there, and it's all I need to get through my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment