Thursday, April 30, 2009

His power is made perfect in weakness.

From "Jesus Calling" today...

"When some basic need is lacking--time, energy, money--consider yourself blessed. Your very lack is an opportunity to latch onto Me in unashamed dependence. When you begin a day with inadequate resources, you must concentrate your efforts on the present moment. This is where you were meant to live--in the present; it is the place where I always await you. Awareness of your inadequacy is a rich blessing, training you to rely whole-heartedly on Me. The truth is that self-sufficiency is a myth perpetuated by pride and temporary success. Health and wealth can disappear instantly, as can life itself. Rejoice in your insufficiency, knowing that My power is made perfect in weakness."

I was just telling my friend Megan last night that I just feel like life is draining me right now. So this really spoke to me this morning, because I feel like my attitude lately has been, "come on God, give me a break here." But here He is telling me that it's good for me to feel exhausted, and ill-equipped to take on my daily life right now. He's teaching me to cling to Him  more and more. And not only to cling to Him, but to rejoice as I do so. JR preached last Sunday about being joyful always, and how we as Christians should be an example of joy in harder times, because if we react just like the rest of the world does to our problems, who is going to want to know our Savior? So that's something I'm working on right now; as I struggle to get through finals, moving out and going home, getting ready to take on my summer, and dealing with whatever life throws at me along the way, that I would be joyful always. That I would rely on the Lord to strengthen me through everything, and that I would rejoice in Him no matter what.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
-2 Corinthians 12:9

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."
-James 1:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment